Yamaha is one of the best selling electronic brands that always launches unique and new designs, whether it is a regular speaker or an A/V receiver. Even though the Yamaha RX V681 has a lot of input options and ports, you can still wirelessly connect your device with the V681 via Bluetooth. Share your music with the Yamaha Music Cast and listen to your favorite music tracks either by pairing your RX V681 from your device via Bluetooth; or through any wired connection.
Investing on an A/C receiver is old school, but let me inform you that the Yamaha RX V681 will serve you with the best quality sound and nimble features and specifications. Let’s see what all the V681 hype is all about in this Yamaha RX V681 review.
Yamaha RX V681- Features
- The V681 features the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X so that you can enjoy the music in a clear and smooth sound
- Yamaha V681 has a total of seven amplified channels
- The RX V681 offers 6 HDMI ports that are HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0
- You now have analog and digital ports in the V681
- You can also download the Yamaha Controller app, so you can easily control the music with a touch of your hands.
- Also, you can easily play 4K Blu-Ray discs on your Yamaha RX V681
- RX V681 also supports Qobuz, along with Spotify, Pandora, Juke and all others
- The Yamaha RX V681 can play DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF and ALAC files without dropping.
Yamaha RX V681 Review – Audio Quality and Build
As for the sound quality, the RX V681 Yamaha is outstanding. The lows, mids and high range frequencies are smooth and even; while the bass of the V681 is potent. Yamaha never compromises on the sound quality; as the RX V681 never fails to deliver a clear and smooth sound even when you play it on loud volume.
The design of the A/C receiver Yamaha V681 is old school but classical and stable. On the front, you will find a large LED that will show all the information of the now playing tracks. The bottom half of the V681 is a design with brushed aluminum with so many buttons and controls on the front. On the back of the Yamaha V681, you will find plenty of connectivity output ports, like coaxial and optical inputs.
There are a total of seven pairs of input ports on the back of the V681. They can be used to surround-height channels or as bi-amp speakers.
Yamaha RX V681- Specifications
Dimensions: 14.9 x 17.1 x 6.8 inches
Weight: 22.1 pounds
Audio Formats: AAC, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AIFF, DSD
Colors Available: black
Yamaha RX V681- Pros:
- Powerful bass
- User friendly
- Can play 4K discs
Yamaha RX V681- Cons
- The midrange could be a little